Wednesday 15 October 2008

Contextual Frame Work #003

My quest to discover various locations about information about Narrative in art and narrative artist's.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E0DE1D61338F931A25757C0A963948260

http://artipedia.org/artsnews/exhibitions/2007/02/28/horn-please-the-narrative-in-contemporary-indian-art/

Kevin Reynolds, the Director of Water world 1995, Created what I still class today as my favourite movie of all time.

I'd like to add this film itself, to my list, because even if it’s not seen in galleries as such, cinema's attract a different but yet still viable audience.

A film itself unless a documentary, will be posing a fake fiction, but the peice will be placed in a formal, begining middle and end sequence.
This generic system is what makes me feel that moveis are disregarded by upper socitiy in the feild of art and then people slip it into the catogory of entertainment.
This is of course how I feel towards the subject, I can't say anything is fact or fiction as my opinion might be missing vital intel towards the standing on movies as art, but not art movies.

Water world features a fake fiction that could actually be a reality, the ice caps have melted causing most of the world to be underwater.
Plants are priceless and dirt is gold.

Films like the day after tomorrow also focus on the possibilitys of disaster through global warming.

In essence this kind of narritive thats not far fetched can also be related to my peice.

No comments: